Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Medal of Honor Monument and Junior... ah!



This morning I woke up at 10:05 and raced onto campus to watch the dedication of the new Medal of Honor memorial on our campus, which was supposed to start at 10:00. Luckily for me it didn't start until about 10:30, so I got a nice spot upfront and enjoyed. There were Congressmen, our Governor, the school president, a general, our veterans, and of course a number of Medal of Honor recipients in attendance. It was such a wonderful dedication of a fitting monument to the most respected men in the history of our country. Did you know that Medal of Honor recipients are the only people that are saluted by the highest Generals of our country? Pretty cool!




I don't know why this feels corny, because I mean it in the most sincere way that I can. Thank you veterans for everything that you have sacrificed and faced in the name of our country. The American people may not always agree with your mission, but we should support you in every way that we possibly can. Today I heard a few stories about the treatment of Vietnam veterans when they returned home, and I can't say that I was too proud. I hope that our Veterans today are receiving a much better welcome home, and much more support when they get home.




On a lighter note, GRIFFEY IS BACK! I can't say that I am too surprised, but it is really nice to have it officially in the books. You can bet that I will be at Safeco next year to watch him play, and I encourage all of you to do the same. For decades to come, you will be able to reminisce that you saw Ken Griffey Jr. play baseball for Seattle. He truly is one of the greats.

No comments:

Post a Comment