Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Almost ruined my streak of perfection...


In more than four years at this wonderful university I have never missed a midterm or final. In fact, I have never even been late to one. Today was almost the end of my streak.

Last night I set my alarm for what I believed was two hours before my test started. This allowed me to wake up and study a little, shower, eat, then casually stroll to class. This morning my alarm went off at 7:30 and all was going according to plan. I listened to KIRO 97.3 fm for a few minutes, studied my notes, and would you have known that I still had over an hour before my test started! At least, that's what I thought... I started up some video games and was happily playing along when I looked at the clock and realized that I was already a half hour late. I threw on sweats (no undies) and shoes (no socks) and raced my bike to school (without a bike lock). I blasted through the door and still managed to finish my test with 20 minutes to spare. It didn't have a negative effect, but it was still close...

This brings me to the question of 'why?' Well, yesterday I made the wonderful choice to check the status of my UW law application. It turns out the decision was mailed on Monday, which means that it should be here TODAY. I haven't been able to focus on anything else since, and the worst part of it is that I am expecting a rejection. If it was mailed on Monday than it should be there when I get home, although nobody else has received theirs yet (as I know from lawschoolnumbers.com and top-law-schools.com).

Let us raise our glasses to my momentary insanity!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment