Monday, February 15, 2010

Re: Accepted at UW

Now that I have had a few more days to accept the seemingly impossible fact that I will be at UW Law next year, I am more excited than ever. Apparently I wasn't the only one who was surprised because my lawschoolnumbers.com profile became a hot topic on the law school blog @ www.top-law-schools.com. A whole bunch of over confident potential law students were dumbstruck by the fact that I was accepted before them. I love this feeling of victory, and I look forward to the many victories to come.

Seeing as I hadn't even considered UW a possibility after my LSAT, I never took the time to actually gain a deep understanding of their program. They are well known for the credentials of their faculty, and the head of the Native American Law program is very respected in his field. They also offer a few courses in Native American law as well as an opportunity to work for public defenders in Tribal Courts. I have to go sit down and speak with Mr. Anderson, the head of the program, to see about the other opportunities that they allude to on the website.

UW also has a great student to faculty ratio of 11:1, and the new dean says that relationships are easy to build with the faculty. The new law building is absolutely gorgeous, and over the weekend I spent a little time looking around. Sadly, I wasn't able to access the floors with classrooms because they are for students only. It looks like I will have to take a guided tour after all. Apparently the 1L classes are pretty big (as much as 90 students), but during 2L and 3L those class sizes shrink down to 25. I am also a little awestruck with the shiny diamond that is UW Law. They are the highest ranked school in the entire Pacific Northwest, and if I want to practice in Seattle than UW is the place to be. The tuition is also a bargain right now, although that is probably going to change over the next few years.

I want to make sure and get a gift and write a nice thank you letter to the faculty that gave me recommendations, but I don't know what to get them??? I'll ponder and post later.

Cheers!

law.washington.edu




No comments:

Post a Comment