Thursday, February 4, 2010

The small things that make life wonderful...

I was walking through campus the other day, worrying about small things that don't matter and hustling to my apartment where I didn't have any immediate plans. As I walked through the quad I noticed that the sun was actually shining. It seems like it has been weeks since I've seen the sun, so I stripped off my coat and soaked up some vitamin D for a few minutes. As I closed my eyes and aimed my pale Northwest skin at the sky I realized that it is these little moments that make life so wonderful. When my girlfriend comes to visit and brings me a coke or some jellybeans I feel 'over the top' excited. A coke and a bag of jellybeans combined costs less than $4, and yet because it took time and effort for her to go out of her way to be nice to me it is worth so much more. It is just nice to stop every once in a while and realize that it isn't always about reaching the goal, but rather your journey getting there.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment