Monday, October 26, 2009

Does the green make it better?

I love ice cream, and I have to assume that the rest of America is right there along with me. Personally, ice cream and I seem to have an on-and-off relationship. The ice cream lures me in with its claims of being 'rich' and 'creamy', offering flavorful concoctions that can be nothing other than divine. Yet over time I grow weary with the nightly routine... I don't always want a bowl of ice cream after dinner. Sometimes I want a cupcake, or even Starburst jellybeans! Invariably I say the sad goodbye to ice cream, only to be lured in again at some later point in life.


You could say that I have just been reintroduced to ice cream, and more specifically Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. I was blissfully unaware of the baggage that MCC ice cream carries concerning one pivotal question... Does the green make it better? Who would know the chaos such a question can cause!


Now my millions of readers just burst out into fits, screaming their support or disdain for the light green color of most MCC ice cream. (I'm pretty sure that the question is what really started the Civil War.) Fear not, for I have yet to make up my mind. However, I will say that I am creating fond memories eating my green MCC ice cream and it will be hard to carry the burden of a boring bowl of white glop. I have also yet to meet someone who doesn't support their MCC ice cream being green... For the sake of science I will try to remain neutral as I conduct further research.


Cheers!

1 comment: