Monday, October 19, 2009

LSAT Score Revealed to the World!


Ok, not really... However I did get my LSAT scores this past Friday, and have since experienced quite the flux of emotion. I had dreams of Harvard knocking down my door with full ride scholarships and a Ferrari that no one would have to know about. On the flip side, I had dreams of receiving a score that was so horrible my Undergraduate Institution kicked me out. Now I would classify my score as acceptable. I certainly did not do as well as I had expected, however I did not do so poorly as to rethink my decision to attend law school. In retrospect, my score made attending law school much more of a reality...

Am I going to be able to afford such a huge investment? I am 100% not interested in working for large firms that eat up young lawyers and spit them out like it's nothing. I am also not interested in helping you get divorced, or helping you sue your sister for stealing your '84 Honda Accord. Rather, my interests lie in helping people who are living with an injustice that they are not in the position to fight. I basically want to help the people who don't have the money to pay me back... To be fair, I am also interested in business law but have not given it much thought. Now helping the less fortunate among us sounds quite romantic, but the reality is that few people do it because they can't. With over $100,000 in debt from law school, young lawyers are forced to choose between their passion (and poverty) and selling out to big firms (with no life but an Audi in the driveway). I have been contemplating whether this is a good investment for myself, and the best I can come up with right now is, "Follow you dreams and the rest will work itself out."

Seems a bit vague to me, but we shall see...

Now I am pretty sure that I will get accepted to a law school. The question now is which one? Without diving into the guessing game, the early contender is Seattle University. It is a good school (tier 2) in the northwest, and has programs that I am interested in. Again I say, we shall see.

Here is my public thanks to my friends and family for your support through my up's and down's. It would have been much tougher without you.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too can become great." --Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment